Wednesday 6 May 2015

2015 - Day 4

I departed Orem, UT this morning under overcast skies, and by the time I made the turn onto highway 6 it started raining lightly. It rained on and off all the way down to I-70, never for long and not heavily. I pulled into a gas station shortly after hitting the interstate to let a rain storm pass through, and then continued on to Moab.

Hoping to check in early I made my way into town, and after chatting with another traveler for half an hour I was able to bring my gear into the room. As I was unloading the bike another big rain shower passed through, so I took a half hour break in the room to let it pass by.

With the sun coming out behind the rain, and temperatures just right, I made the short ride up to Arches National Park. Planning to travel through quite a few National Parks, I purchased the annual pass which should hopefully save me some money.

Riding through most of the Arches NP was pretty amazing, the views are incredible and the rock formations are awesome. The pictures I took don't do justice at all to the scenery, one has to actually be there to experience it. Seeing some of the sights requires some hiking, and I got some of that in as well, but would need more time to fully explore. Some of the hikes are quite long, 5km+ to see some of the arches that make all the brochure photos, so there wasn't enough time for me to get it all in today. I'll see how tomorrow goes, but I may try and squeeze in one more night here if I don't get to see all I wanted to see.

After seeing that I headed back to town for some dinner, and then took a little time to plan ahead. The rooms down here are expensive, and reserving rooms ahead of time would have saved me a lot of grief as well as money I'm sure. It seems like as I look ahead that hotel costs are going to be substantially higher than last year, especially considering how weak the Canadian dollar is right now. Anyway, onto the pic's.



Waiting for the rain storm to pass by
Finally sunny, time to see some stuff

Strange how this one almost looks like a painting on my iPad









Your's truly






No comments:

Post a Comment