Wednesday 20 May 2015

2015 - Day 18

Waking up this morning and seeing great weather gave me the itch to get back on the road, though the time with Stan & Jessie felt too short. Breaking up the ride from Pasco to Red Deer probably isn't a bad idea anyway, this way I can relax instead of pushing too hard, I am on vacation after all. Thanks again Stan & Jessie for your amazing hospitality again, great company and good food that make your place feel like home every time I visit.

The route today wasn't new to me as I've been over that a few times now, but it's a nice highway and the weather was great. It felt like no time had passed by the time I rolled into Spokane. I've noticed the Harley shop in the past but never have stopped in. Needing to use a restroom I decided to pull in, take care of business, and take a look around. Biking must be alive and well in the area as well, their showroom had a lot of bikes as well. Every shop I've stopped at this year has been staffed with great people, which makes stopping in enjoyable.

I was back on the road shortly, getting off the interstate and onto highway 95 a little ways into Idaho. I stopped in Bonner's Ferry for a quick, late lunch and then made my way north to the border. Getting back into the homeland was quick and easy, though the border agent could have been a little nicer than she was. Hopefully she's not as curt with Americans crossing over, as that's not a great first impression of Canadians. 

It always feels good crossing back into Canada after being in the USA for a while, getting back into the metric system one is used to growing up here. I do enjoy my time in America though, can't say enough about how well people have treated me down there, I really never have any negative interactions with folks from the USA. That concludes the American part of my trip, 10 states visited, though only 4 were ones I'd never been in, and Colorado was only a very short visit this time. 


Last pic's of the arid landscapes for this trip
Getting back into trees again

Back in Canada, this seemed like a fitting thing to do upon my return
Glad I get a little glimpse of the Rockies yet on this vacation

I usually avoid Super 8 hotels like the plague, but the one in Fernie is always clean and comfortable, not typical of that chain anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment