Wednesday 20 May 2015

2015 - Day 17

Woke up a while after Stan had left for work Tuesday morning, and spent the morning being very lazy and getting some relaxation in. It was actually nice to just hang out and not have to do anything for a day. The trips I take are awesome but at the same time they are also tiring, as I'm always on the road and filling my schedule with things to see. I've tried to make sure that I don't try to do too much each day, and though the riding is fun it's also more work than driving in a car.

Jessie and I drank some coffee and ended up having some great conversations throughout the morning as well. Their baby is one of the nicest babies I've ever seen, she never whines or cries it seems, with plenty of smiles for uncle Geno. The dogs also seemed to enjoy the extra attention with me around.

In the afternoon I took a ride out to the Harley shop in Kennewick and spent some time tooling around, looking at bikes, and talking with the sales guys. They have a lot of bikes in the showroom, and it sounds like they move a lot of iron there. After my stop there I headed down to the park on the Columbia River and spent some time walking around getting the blood flowing and enjoying the warm sun. I rode around through the three cities a little after that, and pulled up to the house in Pasco a mere few minutes before Stan arrived home from work.

The three of us relaxed a little before Stan and Jessie prepared an awesome dinner. The food is always first class when I'm there, so good to have some homemade food after all the restaurant food I've had. We sat at the table for a while after eating, talking and laughing, an enjoyable time. Between the dogs and the humans there were a few near heart attacks I'm sure as a picture came crashing off the wall out of nowhere. There was glass everywhere, strange and frighteningly loud.

The rest of the evening was enjoyable as well, more conversation about a variety of topics. Stan and I can always carry on where we left off the last time, and I'm glad we've been able to keep our friendship going over the years, despite the distance.

This is exactly what I'd be looking for once I can afford a second bike
Despite how arid the area is, as long as they can irrigate, the vegetation really grows in this climate

Blue bridge connecting Pasco and Kennewick

No comments:

Post a Comment