Sunday 17 May 2015

2015 - Day 15

I got off to another relaxing start this morning, knowing that I didn't have a very long ride planned for today, and I had all day to get there. The skies were very overcast and the temps were cool as I hit the road. Not far into Oregon the clouds suddenly disappeared, replaced by glorious sunshine! That was unexpected as my weather app called for overcast skies for most of the day. So much for that app, the sun stayed out for the remainder of the day, which I was very thankful for. As long as the sun is out it neutralizes the cool temperatures, though I still had the thermal undwear on all day. The gauge on my bike hovered right around 60 degrees all day.

The ride up the Oregon coast was fantastic today, amazing views were in abundance all day long. Some of the inland riding seemed a little blah at times, mostly because of the spectacular ocean views that I was on the coast for. It did take me all day to ride from Crescent City to Lincoln City as I stopped many times to take pictures and also just to sit and take it in.

The plan for the coming week is still a little up in the air right now, I've gained a few days by missing out on Yosemite so I'll need to decide what's next. I could possibly be starting the journey home tomorrow or Tuesday, or maybe spend a little time with friends in Washington depending on their schedule. I'm ok with whatever happens, it's been a great trip already with a lot of things seen that I wanted to see.

After checking into the room and a little relaxation, I went down to the beach to watch the sunset. I was down there for almost an hour, a nice end to the evening. I can now tell women I enjoy walks on the beach and sunsets:)




















No comments:

Post a Comment