Thursday 21 May 2015

2015 - Day 19

I had an easy day planned for today, and the cloudless sky and nice temperatures made the day even easier. It was cool outside again, the kind of cool that promises warmth later in the day, a great temperature for morning riding as the briskness in the air is so refreshing. I'm glad I took the route into Alberta that I did as it gave me a chance to enjoy a little of the Rocky Mountains on this vacation yet. Still some of my favorite scenery, right here in the home province.

The roads today were all familiar and the traffic was light so I got to relax a little and just enjoy the scenery whipping by. It's bittersweet knowing that this year's big trip is almost done again, but at the same time I'm looking forward to the summer back at home. Getting out on the golf course should be enjoyable again, as well as getting out on the ATV at least a little.

For the first time since buying the bike I finally got a chance to crack the 400km mark on a tank of gas. I've been close a few times, and would have gotten there before if there had been fuel close by. Today everything came together and it happened. Not that noteworthy, but it's always in the back of my mind when I travel so it was cool to finally do it.

It was around 4pm when I arrived in Red Deer, and after checking in I kicked back to rest a little. I must have dozed off a little because the phone ringing snapped me back into reality. Plans were made, and after cleaning up I was able to go out for dinner with an old friend. Dinner was good, and the conversation flowed easily which is always nice. The longer daylight was really noticeable today as we chatted outside, something I love about our summers up north.

Tomorrow I'll get my bike in the shop to get the 4th new tire put on the bike since I bought it 22 months ago. I've been very lucky to get as much seat time as I've gotten since I bought my first Harley almost three years ago. 70,000km in three years is pretty good considering how short our riding seasons are up here.








No comments:

Post a Comment