Thursday 25 July 2013

On the Road Again

An appointment for the new bike in Red Deer was the perfect excuse to hit the road again for the first decent ride since returning home two weeks ago. I hadn't been doing a lot of riding, due in part to keeping the kilometres within a reasonable window for the 1600km service. It will still end up being around 2400 by the time they do the first service. 

It was awesome to get back in the saddle and follow the front tire down the highway, something I really needed after a tough week at work. Everything seemed to be going wrong in the last four days, which ends up always frustrating me. I really need to learn to let things slide off my back more, it's not something that comes natural to me. After a quick shower I wolfed down a salad, threw my luggage on the bike, and then headed out of town. The weather was perfect for riding, and after all the riding I did on the vacation, it felt very familiar. 

The road to Peace River is kind of boring as I've been down that road so many times in my life, but it is still fun to head south on that road. I can only wish that I was staying away longer than a few days! My original plan was only to leave tomorrow morning, but there's a project here I need to check in on, so the company rented me a room for the night so I can do that in the morning. As long as things are going smoothly at the job site, I should be on the road mid-morning. I'm not sure which route I will take tomorrow, not too many options but I would like to take something different than the routes I traveled earlier this summer. Right now it's time to catch up on a few things online and then bedtime:)

No comments:

Post a Comment