Sunday 7 July 2013

Day 21, 22, 23

One might think that the lack of blog entries means I've been really busy, but it's been the opposite actually. I've had a great time just hanging out, doing a few things, but mostly just really enjoying the great weather and being with friends. We have had slow starts to each day, drinking coffee in Stan & Jessie's backyard in the morning sun. They have been working very hard to totally transform it, and it's turned into a great place to spend mornings and evenings. 

Stan and I went to his shop on Friday to meet a few of the guys, and he wanted to show me the way things work here. It seemed organized quite well, and the guys I met seemed like great guys to work for. It's a large company, so a totally different environment than I'm used to back home. 

After we finished there we headed over to Rattlesnake Mountain HD to look at some bikes, something Stan suggested we do. He's got the riding bug still stuck in him, and maybe someday we will be able to ride together. I sat on a few bikes, trying to get a feel for the Ultra Limited that I've been thinking of. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to own on for travelling. If I thought I knew what I wanted before, I for sure know now!

On Saturday the three of us played some golf, which was fun. We played a par 3 course, which kept it from being to daunting of a task in the heat. We didn't play well, but still enjoyed getting out and hitting balls. After a short nap and a shower, we spent the evening with their friends from church. Being a bit of an introvert, it's always hard to put myself out there, but I enjoyed meeting new people and getting to know some of their friends. It didn't hurt that the brisket that had been on the smoker for 14 hours was delicious! There's hardly any bugs out here, so sitting outside in the evening really is very enjoyable. We've done a lot of catching up outside the last few days. 

It's been another rejuvenating day again so far today, and though I'm looking forward to making miles again, I will very much miss Stan & Jessie when I leave. I'm so glad that it worked out for me to spend some time here, because it is important to me to keep the friendship alive. I'm not really looking forward to getting back to reality, this has been too much fun, and I'm glad it's another week yet. 

Right now it's time to take a shower and get out of the house for a while, so cya on the road:)




No comments:

Post a Comment