Tuesday 4 June 2013

On the Edge of a Dream

For almost as long as I can remember it has been my dream to take a bike vacation, and that dream is about to get fulfilled finally! 11 days from today I will be on the road, the start to what hopefully will be a great vacation. There are lots of little details to take care of as I prepare, but as for the actual trip I'm not making too many plans. Keeping an open schedule will allow me to be spontaneous and follow which ever road or direction looks interesting.

My intent is to do daily trip reports in this blog for those of you interested in reading about my journey. Hopefully I can hold up my end of the bargain and keep it somewhat entertaining.

With summer finally arriving about a month ago the days barely seem long enough anymore to get all the activities done. It has been fun to get back out on the golf course again, although I have played less so far than I usually do.

Almost 9 and a half months have passed since I quit smoking cigarettes, and having that habit behind is very relieving. I'm still growing the beard I started in November, and have been growing untrimmed now for over 6 months. Growing the beard has been an exercise in patience for me, something I don't have a lot of usually.



Time to end this post, hopefully I will be on the road when I make the next entry here:)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to hear that you are about ready to go on the dream vacation of your life! May God bless, lead and protect you as you enjoy the wonderful world that He has created for us.

    ReplyDelete