Monday 17 June 2013

Day 3

Was up early this morning, determined to be first in line at Gasoline Harley. As is usually the case, the dealership was busy and it took longer than expected for the work to be completed. I didn't really mind, someday I might be the guy that comes in for something I need right away. I was happy to get the new rear tire and the 16,000km service done, now I'm should be good for a little while again. I would highly recommend Gasoline Alley HD in Red Deer for anyone looking to buy, the staff there were top notch!  Really had the temptation to trade for an Ultra Limited, but that will have to wait. 

The delay, combined with a forecast calling for severe thunderstorms threatened to put a damper on my ride. There was hail in the forecast, so I decided to stay another night here. I found out that a buddy of mine was working in the Red Deer area, and dinner plans were made. 

After relaxing in my room for a while, including a refreshing nap, we went out to eat. It was nice to see Darc and Val again, and after the meal we took a drive out into the country to see where he works. The sun was out, and it turned into a beautiful evening, so I could have ridden today but it was worth it to stay and spend some time with friends. 

All in all, not a productive day as far as miles go, but now I'm ready to hit the road first thing in the morning. 

This bike is totally sick, 110" Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra Limited. At $48,000 it will probably never be mine, but I can dream right?

If I do upgrade in the future, this is pretty much what I would be looking to get. Love this color combo too, maybe next year. 

This is the plant my friend is working at right now. It's pretty big, and he seems to enjoy the work. Was nice to go have a look at it, maybe I will go work with him soon:)

Time to get some sleep so I'm ready to get after it tomorrow. 

1 comment: