Wednesday 26 June 2013

Day 12

On the to-do list today was taking a ride out to the Badlands National Park. It was a lot further than I had thought, but it was  worth it. It was hot out today, the hottest day on the vacation so far. Riding on the Loop Road, highway 240, was a great way to experience the park. What surprised me a little was how green the grass was in the park. I had expected the entire park to be a wasteland. 

After taking my time there, I returned to Rapid City. I stopped at Black Hills HD, and enjoyed walking around in there looking at all the bikes in the showroom. Thankfully they can't sell me a new bike, just pre-owned, and they can't take a Canadian bike in trade. I was tired and had a headache by the time I left, and decided to take a few pills and relax in my hotel room. 

After a couple hours I was feeling a little more rejuvenated. I went for a nice steak dinner, the first time in a week that I've had a real dinner. Seems I've been too busy to take the time. After the meal I spent a couple hours cooling off riding the back roads of the Black Hills. It was a perfect summer evening, and there was little traffic on the roads. 





No comments:

Post a Comment