Tuesday 18 June 2013

Day 4

Woke up to a mix of sun and cloud, which was mostly cloud by the time I rolled out of Red Deer. After a quick run down to Olds, I stopped to meet a co-worker and friend for breakfast. We had a good chat, but I was itching to make some miles.

I swear the rain is following me from home, as I can't seem to get a nice sunny day to ride. At least it didn't stay long today, only spent about an hour in the wet stuff. It was still fun to keep heading south, still not sure where I was going to end up tonight. 

For anyone who has never been over the Highwood Pass, it is a must see. It's the highest paved pass in Canada, and was a little chilly up there today, but I was amazed at the beauty of that road! Alberta really is the best place on earth, with a very wide variety of awe inspiring scenery. 

I arrived in Longview a little before 4pm, having decided to end the day in Fernie, BC. It was another 200km to go, and by the time I entered BC it was actually quite warm, a welcome change. Crowsnest Pass it always more beautiful than I remember. There was also much more traffic than earlier in the day, the tourist season is right around the corner I guess. 

I logged the most kilometres so far today, clocking in at 647. I'm not used to biking a lot every day, and right now I'm tired. 1622.3km so far on the trip, and tomorrow I should be crossing into the USA for the first time with my bike. 






As is usually the case, I'm not good at photography and a camera can't do justice to scenery like this anyway. That is all for today, time for a shower and a little wind down time before hitting the hay. 

2 comments:

  1. Photos are awesome from here! Right now i am a little jealous but am glad that your enjoying your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the pics, I had fun taking them:)

    ReplyDelete