Sunday 16 June 2013

Day 2

After a rain filled ride yesterday, I was very much hoping for a sunny morning. That was not in the cards however, and I started the day's ride in a drizzle. It would pick up for a few minutes, and the return to a drizzle until I arrived in Whitecourt. I spent more than an hour there, enjoying breakfast and a good chat with a good friend. 

After the meal, it was time to continue on the journey, again a light drizzle until Mayerthorpe, where I was finally able to ditch the rain gear. Riding in the rain was not as bad as I had thought it would be, but it was still nice to get back to easier riding. 

It was cloudy, with the wind at my back until I reached Sylvan Lake, where I stopped for dinner with old friends. It was nice to catch up with them again, keeping friendships alive is important. We spent a solid two hours chatting, before I made the final 20 minute ride to my hotel in Red Deer. 

Tomorrow my bike goes in the shop in the morning for a service job and a new rear tire. I hope I have the patience to wait, but I'm sure I will find something to do. I will be looking to get close to the border tomorrow afternoon, and the crossing into the USA the following morning. Right now it's time to do a little reading and then it's off to bed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment