Saturday 15 June 2013

Day 1

After spending the winter dreaming of this trip, I finally hit the road today. It was far from perfect weather today, spending around 300km of the 465km today riding in the rain. Having spent quite a lot of money on riding gear, sometimes I wondered if it was a waste of money. Finally putting some of it to the test today I was very happy to find out that I was able to stay dry despite all the rain. The ride was mostly uneventful today, on a road that I've driven too many times to count, and I'm looking forward to some new roads in a couple days. 

I have an appointment for a service job and new rear tire on my bike, and I'm hoping that the tire holds up for one more day, as its really wearing down quickly. It will be good peace of mind to have new rubber. 

After arriving at the hotel, my laptop didn't want to start up initially, but after a few attempts it did start. I was debating leaving it at home, and maybe I should have. Hopefully it works well for the trip, so I don't regret taking it along. It's been awhile since I made a back up. 

This is my first attempt at posting to this blog from my phone, which may be my only option if the computer stops working. Time to take a shower and watch the end of Game 2 from the Stanley Cup Final. 


No comments:

Post a Comment