Tuesday 31 July 2018

2018(2) - Day 8

Today was another pretty relaxing day, with not a whole lot on the agenda. Heeding a warning from a friend on social media, I eliminated the route through Grande Cache as a possibility as the road is undergoing a lot of construction. It wasn't a hard choice to stay with Peter and Kevin all the way to Spruce Grove. On the way we finally found someone to change a tire on Peter's trike.

We got into Spruce Grove right around 1:00 and got the trike over to Wild Boar Custom Cycles. Kevin went home to get his pickup truck, and then the three of us headed into St. Albert to buy the tire. After dropping it off we headed into town for lunch. Kevin dropped us off after the meal, and we parted ways.

By around 4:30 it was down to just my father in law and me. We got to Whitecourt at 6:00 where I'll stay for night. Peter was going to continue on home, and is probably there already by now. My brother Tim is working here and I got to hang out with him for the evening, which was really good. We don't get enough time together in summer, so I couldn't say no to the chance to spend an evening with him. Tomorrow I'll ride the rest of the way home, and hopefully Leona doesn't hide the bike keys once I get there.

It was an absolute blast to go on this ride with the guys, something I would gladly do again someday if the opportunity presents itself. We had good weather, all got along really well, and had a lot of laughs! Riding with a group is different, and though I expected it would be fun, it was actually better than I had expected it would be. I'm really glad the guys let me tag along on the ride, and hopefully we get to do that again someday!


Very foggy between Hinton and Edson this morning, and pretty chilly too

Pretty bland scenery after what we just rode through the last few days, but it's still beautiful weather for a later afternoon ride

These pictures didn't make my blog on the day it happened, and since there aren't many tonight, I'll post them here. This was in Orofino, ID and the flags were a safety as there were no lights at the crossing. We got far to carried away with something as simple as flags.


Kevin, the clown of the group, guiding us safely across the street while Randy puts himself in danger to take the picture

My turn to safely navigate our group across the street, though it seems that Peter threw caution to the wind for a photo op

No comments:

Post a Comment