Wednesday 25 July 2018

2018(2) - Day 2

We got off to a late start today, but once we got rolling it was a beautiful day for riding. We met up with Highway 22 southeast of Drayton Valley, and then stayed on that until Cochrane. There we jumped on 1A for a little bit, until we got to Highway 40. I’ve been over the Highwood Pass before, and it was nicer than I remembered. What a great road (highest paved pass in Canada), if you’ve never been I recommend it. The temperature dropped from 22 to 15 at the top, and we barely beat the rain out of the mountains. 

After completing that stretch of road we ended up in Longview, where we decided to head over to High River for the night. We got checked just after 8 in the evening, and wasted no time getting some dinner. All of us were quite hungry, as we hadn’t eaten since noon. 

Riding in a group is a whole different experience than I’m used to, and it’s a nice change. I probably wouldn’t want to do it all the time, but it’s great to chat with the guys at stops. Everything takes longer than I’m used to, but all in all it’s going to work very well. I was able to stay in the back for most of the day, but ended up being out in the lead later in the day. Now it’s time to say goodnight to the wife and catch some sleep. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment