Monday 2 July 2018

2018 - Trip Wrap-up

Today has been a busy day at home, getting all the trip info into the spreadsheet and then servicing and washing the bike. Going over the numbers for the trip was interesting, and there were a few surprises. I was expecting lower gas mileage on the Goldwing, though I'm not sure why. It turns out that our average was 48.2mpg over the 13,869km traveled. That is the exact same mileage we got on the Harley last year, and a shade better than I did alone on the Harley on my longest trip in 2014.

Costs on this trip were higher than previous trips I've taken on the bike, due mostly to the terrible exchange rate. Gas was on average $1.30/L in Canada and $1.01/L in the USA, for a total fuel cost of $881.19. Hotel rooms were a fair price before the exchange, and we only had 1 night that was a little gross.

The trip almost feels like a blur now that we are home, though there are some great memories that will last. My picture file contains over 1,000 pictures and videos, which will help to stimulate memories in the future. It was really great to share this trip with Leona, a trip I had started planning before we ever met. We really enjoyed our time together seeing new places and scenery, and also enjoyed the interactions we had with people throughout the trip.

We visited 17 states on the trip, 11 that were new to me and most that were new to Leona. I've traveled in 34 of the 50 states on the bikes now, getting closer to the goal of being in each state at least once. It's the first time since 2015 that I've been able to check off some new states. Thank you all for reading the blog, making it worth the time to write the posts. You guys viewed the blog over 7,000 times in the last month, over 25,000 lifetime views now.

Leona and I thank God for the safety that he granted us, and for the opportunity to see some more of His beautiful creation. Looking ahead to the next trip has already begun, though when and where is certainly not determined. There's always another corner...and I really want to see what's on the other side!


Updated map of States I've visited on a motorcycle, starting to look pretty good


No comments:

Post a Comment