Tuesday 24 July 2018

2018(2) - Day 1

It feels like we just got back from our big trip, but I'm back on the road again. The opportunity presented itself, and with the blessing from my amazing wife I couldn't say no. Today was a solo ride to Stony Plain, where my father-in-law and I will meet tonight. Tomorrow we meet with a co-worker of his and a friend of the co-worker, and the four of us will ride to parts unknown. There aren't any concrete plans, and I'm just tagging along, so whatever they decide is what we will do.

The ride today was good, though I battled a headache and upset stomach for most of the day. The stomach cleared up, but the headache remains. The sunshine at home didn't last long, the skies becoming overcast for the remainder of the ride. It was on the chilly side all day but not cold. The sun finally came out as I walked to the restaurant for dinner.

I'm not totally sure how long the ride will be, probably only a week or so, but there's a lot of great scenery that we can get through in a week. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity, and I'll cherish it. The summers are so short so being able to maximize the riding season is what it's all about. I had a hard time coming back home from the trip we did in June, the hardest it's ever been for me to come back. Sometimes it would be nice if there wasn't the constant urge to ride and see new country, but at the same time it has added so much to my life since I started taking long distance trips. Now if I could figure out how to do this for a living...


The bike, itching to get back on the road and do what it does best...make miles

Indicative of the weather today, not bad at all

Thankfully I look over the windscreen and not through it, a lot of bugs out there today

No comments:

Post a Comment