Thursday 3 July 2014

Day 28

I had this post all typed up and ready to add photos last night but somehow managed to delete it. I'll blame it on the fact that I was dead tired by that point as it was after midnight. For some reason iCloud was giving me grief as well, not streaming all the photos from my phone to iPad, so I called it a day instead of fighting with it!

It was a beautiful day, hot and sunny, with fantastic scenery all day long. After Waterton I headed south to Babb, MT to meet a couple guys from back home for the afternoon. Going to the Sun road was closed (second year in a row I've tried and failed to get that off the bucket list), so we took the road up to Many Glacier. 

The afternoon seemed to fly by and by the time we were back at St. Mary it was closing in on dinner time. That's when I realized that I still had another 340km to go, even though the heat of the day had already tired me out. The nice scenery kept me awake, but I was yawning heavily by the time I arrived at the hotel at 10:30pm. I try to usually get to the room by 8pm to rest up, and to get off the roads before the wildlife gets active. Had numerous deer cross over the road in front of me the last hour, but thankfully was able to see all of them in time.

Enough words for now, here's a few pictures of the day.



The old Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton

This one turned out well, love the pictures the iPhone 5s takes
Hit a milestone on the bike
Where better to hit the milestone



Chief Mountain on the right. The pictures on the phone always make it look further away than it is
Spent the afternoon with Kevin and Dave, friends from back home. Was cool to have a couple guys to ride with for a while





Love being in a state that doesn't require a helmet, pity the other drivers though


Another 100km or so to go for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment