Tuesday 16 August 2016

Washington Trip - Day 1

Well it's been almost 11 months since I last posted an entry to this blog. Life has changed completely in that time, and the last year has been the busiest of my life. Leona and I married on May 7, had an idyllic honeymoon in PEI, almost got settled into the apartment, and then purchased a new home. 

I had many times wondered over the years what marriage would be like, and without going into great detail, it's been awesome. Leona has brought life into my living, and I thank God for her every day. 

Today we set off on a trip to visit friends in Washington, finally getting a chance to put some miles on the bike. It was very windy for most of the day, leaving me tired by the time we arrived in Hinton. There were some clouds early in the day, but they quickly vanished and we were riding under sunny skies for most of the day. It was a beautiful day for riding, minus the wind, the beauty of distant mountains beckoning us to continue. Tomorrow we ride through some of the nicer country this world has to offer, and I'm really looking forward to a relaxing ride, and taking in the majestic scenery. 

My "not a biker" wife getting ready to ride
Bike, gear, and riders clocking in at just under 1400 pounds. That's a lot of weight for my short legs lol

Coal mine that our evil premier Notley would love to shut down, seriously impacting the community of Grande Cache

Looking west in Hinton after returning to the motel from dinner. Such a beautiful sky, and a warm evening
Our home for one night

No comments:

Post a Comment